What a ride we are on, wouldn't you say? Crazy turns, dark tunnels, soaring high, flipping upside down. It's so easy to get lost in the myriad of options life throws our way. Lord... show me the way! How often in our daily lives do we ask Him that... begging Him for direction?
I left my job several weeks ago... in pursuit of whatever it was God has for me. I left knowing that He has something waiting for me... I just had to find it. And the search began. Each day I wrote in my journal "Lord, show me your path... show me the way.... what is it that you want me to do?" And all I kept hearing was "rest". Errgg... that's not the answer I was looking for! I love the idea of adventure... not crazy bungie jumping advenure... just middle of the line, rock your socks a bit adventure. And I'm also a heavily responsible person... pay the bills on time, always make the respectable "correct" choices kind of person. So hearing "rest" has been frustrating and confusing. "I can't REST, Lord... I have things to do, people to help, responsibilities to be responsible for -- JUST SHOW ME THE WAY!"
Then it hit me! HE IS THE WAY! He is the path! Read Psalm 16:11 --
"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
The PATH that I have been so desperately seeking isn't a "path" or even a destination -- it's simply Jesus. The path of life is so very simple -- it's connection with Him! And if we have that, it doesn't matter which direction we go, which fork we take, which adventure we pursue -- it will always be right because we have HIM! I can fail, I can trip, I can hit a dead end, I can soar, I can succeed -- but honestly, none of that matters -- that's all just happening here in this "crazy-wacky-wavable-inflatable-arm-flailing-tube man" kind of world.
But my connection to the Kingdom, my connection to Jesus... that's what matters. I can take anything with Him -- rejection, hurt, sadness, death -- any of it -- His path means being filled with JOY because I am in His presence.
But my connection to the Kingdom, my connection to Jesus... that's what matters. I can take anything with Him -- rejection, hurt, sadness, death -- any of it -- His path means being filled with JOY because I am in His presence.
I was flown up for an interview yesterday for what I thought was my "dream job"... the path I thought I was supposed to take. I was terrified and excited. The interview went surprisingly well, I had a blast meeting new people, overlooking the city from our 34th floor of the Sears Tower, and enjoyed every part of the experience. I realized the day before I left that this was God just showing off -- showing me that when I trust Him -- there is nothing He can't do! When He says "chase your dreams" -- He showed me that it is possible! And even though I'm probably not going to get a job offer... the experience -- seeing God at work in my life -- was worth every second of that adventure. It also helped me to rethink what exactly my "dreams" look like.
I look back over the last few months and how often I was asking Him to "reveal His path to me". And here it was all along -- His Presence! With that, I have all that I ever wanted and needed. Whatever "job" comes my way, or whatever I chose to do... I know down to the tips of my toes that as long as He is my focus, then my path (my life) will look exactly how it's supposed to look. So who knows... I might go right, I might go left, I might climb, or I might fall. But either way, Jesus is there and with that comes a whole lot of JOY! That sounds like the right path to me!


No comments:
Post a Comment