Monday, March 23, 2015

Abundant Everything


The word 'abundance' has been on my heart a lot lately and this morning, the daily devotional I read, "Jesus Calling", was all about abundance!  I love when Jesus does that... not just in "Jesus Calling" but in other ways -- conversations, songs I hear, versus I'm led to read.  I always see that as His sweet way of reaffirming the words He has been whispering to me.  

Having been raised in a home where proof was a requirement... proof of truth, proof of love, proof of lies... I am a truth seeker and unfortunately, it has led me down many dark roads where my only goal in mind was to find PROOF of what I was believing.  I am learning that sometimes there is no proof... but that shouldn't diminish from the truth -- the truth of who God is and His abundant love for me.  I may watch as a loved one suffers from a debilitating disease... but that doesn't mean that God isn't the ultimate healer. Sometimes the proof we require simply can't be found in our limited understanding of what is going on around us... here and in the supernatural.  Proof of His abundance certainly may not look like what we think it "should". 

I read this morning that abundance is the heart of who God is... which is exactly what He has been whispering to me for the past month.  Where I might settle or lower my hopes and dreams to fit into the confines of this world... He wants to shower me with abundance -- abundant love, abundant hope, abundant grace, abundant joy, abundant hope, abundant peace, abundant safety, abundance, abundance, abundance!  That's who He is and what He wants for each and every one of us!

I get so excited when I think about all that He wants for me and not just what I see or feel.  Fear creeps around... knocking on each door and every window... but in this place with Him, all I can feel is His fullness... and I rest in joyful expectation of receiving all that He has for me!  Thank you for your abundance, Heavenly Father!

2 comments:

Tara said...

This past week has been one full of WHYS along with I DON"T UNDERSTAND. Through it all, I realized that we are not required to understand but just required to remain faithful while we ask WHY. And there is abundance of grace there. Thanks for sharing.

Devon Barlettano said...

This has definitely been a WHY week in so many areas of my life. But then we see little 'blips' of His abundant love and are reminded just how awesome He is! Thanks for commenting Tara!! Much love to you!