Sunday, January 08, 2006

Just getting started

Okay -- here goes the first post. I am creating this Blog to share things I read about or learn with those I love (or at least those who care to read this :) This is going to be fun! I don't have time to write much this minute... too much cleaning to do. But the first thing I plan to write about is the book I am reading right now, "The Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens. It's a great story set during the French Revolution but it's a bit of a tough read for me. He is a very detailed writer with lengthy descriptions. I tend to read quickly and breeze through looking for the "meat" of a story. Bad habit. But I hope that reading books like these will help me work on taking the time to enjoy the energy and passion a writer took to put in all of those details. I'll write more soon!

No comments: